Inspired by trees

Imagine yourself walking along this tree line. Imagine the way it would smell, the way the air would feel on your skin. Your fingertips brushing against the trees or your hand pressed against the bark. Smell the leaves and the grass and wander into your mind.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lavender
























Let's talk about the many benefits of Lavender. Lavender is my favorite herb, so I figured I would share what I know about it.
Lavender, as an essential oil, has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. I use it in my soaps, lotions, bath salts, and body scrubs. People use it in aromatherapy for stress-relief, relaxation and headaches. It can be rubbed on your temples. It is also one of the best insect repellents. It can be used as an acne treatment as well. Lavender is a good treatment for psoriasis and eczema. I love to drink lavender tea before bed. It is extremely relaxing and assists with restful, pleasant sleep. Gypsy Organic Red Lavender tea is my favorite and I get it at Giant Eagle.
Other food uses are lavender honey and lavender scones or muffins. People use the lavender buds for baking. Lavender buds would also make a beautiful substitution for confetti at a wedding.

NOTE** Avoid ingesting lavender during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment